Here are the nominees for the Week 13 high school athlete of the week, for results from May 24-29.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again in the same sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- NATALIE FRALEY, KELSO GIRLS BASKETBALL: Fraley scored 30 and 34 points in two 4A/3A GSHL wins for the Hilanders.
- ZACH HAUSER, BATTLE GROUND BASEBALL: Hauser threw a one-hit shutout with 12 strikeouts in a 1-0 win over Camas.
- TOBIAS MERRIWEATHER, UNION TRACK/BASKETBALL: Merriweather ran a region-best 11.22 seconds in the 100 meters, ran on a winning 400-meter relay and played in four basketball games for the Titans.
- HAYDEN ROSE, PRAIRIE BOYS BASKETBALL: Rose scored 15, 24 and 35 points in three games, two wins, for the Falcons.
- KAILEE WILCOX, EVERGREEN GIRLS BOWLING: Wilcox averaged 211.5 over six games last week, including a 288 game and a 713 series.