Here are the nominees for The Columbian fall sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Nov. 9.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- ANNETTE CHANG, UNION GIRLS SWIMMING: Chang won two events (50 freestyle and 100 freestyle) at the 4A bi-district meet in Kelso.
- OLIVIA FOTHERGILL, MOUNTAIN VIEW GIRLS SOCCER: Fothergill scored all four of the Thunder’s goals in two bi-district tournament wins.
- EVAN JENKINS, CAMAS BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Jenkins placed fourth overall to lead the Papermakers to the 4A state team championship.
- JAMIE PACKER, PRAIRIE VOLLEYBALL: Packer had 60 assists, 18 digs, six kills, three aces and three blocks into two league wins for the Falcons.
- ALLYSON PETERSON, HOCKINSON GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Peterson had the best finish of any area runner at the state meet, finishing 18:26 and placing third at 2A.